We are going to rock Cross Country this season, I have submitted 38 names (16 females and 22 males) for the season and I'm sure there will be more members that are interested and will get 'enticed' to the next Round by the clubs enthusiasm.
Deadline for entries for Round 1 is 30th October.
Who is up for Round 1? Newbury ShowGround
Cross Country Notice for Round 1
Just to be clear, there will be no entries on the day. Entries will close for Round 1 on Sunday 30 October. Please let me know if you would like to be involved in Round 1 ASAP so I have time to collate information and send it in.
A note to remember: you will need to wear Club Colours to run, or else you will not be able to run. Myself and Andrew and plenty of others will have spares on the day, if needed.
More details for Round 1 will be published soon... http://www.oxonxc.org.uk, check out the website for more information
Unfortunately the committee have been made aware of a horrible event that took place in Didcot last night, where a woman in her thirties was reported to have been sexualyl assulted by a man in Edmonds Park. The committee feels that we should remind the membership that you are all adviced to carry your moblie phones while running and where possible buddy up with someone of similar pace or better yet stick together in groups. We can not enforce these concepts upon you but we highly recommend them especially during the Autumn and Winter months where the dark nights add extra risk.
London Marathon Place eligibility:
- b) The draw for the London Marathon Place will take place at the end of October. Runners wishing to be entered into the draw must give their name to the Club Secretary.
- c) Runners can only enter the draw if they are fully paid up First Claim members of `The Club` and if they themselves have entered the London Marathon but were not successful in their application. They need to send their unsuccessful slip to the Club Secretary, together with a description of how they meet the eligibility criteria.
d) Even though you `win` the place you still have to pay for it. It’s just guaranteeing you a place.
To be able to enter the club ballot, you must be a member of the club and come to the club on a regular basis. You must wear the Club vest when you run the London Marathon.
- e) To be able to enter the club ballot you must have helped with the running of the club in some way, i.e. volunteered to help with the Didcot 5, be on or help the committee, been a tail runner/buddy, etc.
The winner will be drawn out of the hat by a non-interested party.
Well done to all our members who ran and volunteered for the last Summer Championship race today. A magnificent turn out and club visibilty. #Oxfordhalf
Didcot Runners has been shortlisted to receive a prestigious Business & Community Award (BACAs)!. Following a nomination in the Charity/Community Sector: Best Established Charity/Community Group category. Thank you all so much for your support and votes. we will share any further information with you soon. The awards night is 18th November 2016.
Tonight is the new route Fleetmeadow and it has been donated from Noel - it’s quite straight forward, but we suggest you buddy up for this route to reduce the chance of you getting lost. We would like to advise you that a headtorch maybe needed at times. The route is 5.5 miles, Noel, Sue P, Dave E, Theresa, Rachael H have all ran the route if you need some guidance or check out the map on the calender. There are many points in the run if you would like to make this a smaller run or a longer one. Take care and remember your hi-viz and head torch to stay safe. Please feedback to the committee if you have any concerns or if you have enjoyed the new route, or maybe if you would like to give the club a run of your own to follow and use.
- Christmas meal on Friday 9th December - Please can you send your balance to Theresa by 1st November in readiness to pay the venue.
- Bowling is set for 21st October at the Kassam Stadium, the lanes are BOOKED, if you would like to come along, please contact Theresa to make payment.
- Could those of you joining us for the Loose Cannon brewery tour on the 18th get your payment to Simon Woods as soon as possible.
Cross country - If anyone would like to be added to the team sheets for this season, please speak to Theresa and Andrew or message them your interest. Team sheets need to be submitted by next week. You can join in the fun during the course of the season (season being November- March) but Theresa would need 7 days to add you to the following Round.